Local match manager available (unofficial)

I’ve updated my match manager from Halite II to run this latest game:

It can be used to run endless games between local bots, producing a ranking table as it goes.

The conversion has been very quick and simple, there may be (probably are) issues which I haven’t identified yet.

I haven’t yet got the official visualizer+gym working, so I don’t know if this offers anything not offered there. I may or may not update it any further, but am making it available now in case it’s useful to someone.

Thanks, @Akarabesu! A link to this tool will show up under Community Tools Downloads after our next deploy.

@Salticid
I seem to be missing the match id’s when running, are they printed anywhere?
Using -V ### I don’t know what numbers to use.
Thanks

You can get the match ID numbers with the -R flag for Results:
python3 manager.py -R 0

The zero is the offset, meaning it will fetch results from the most recent matches. Increasing this number will fetch older matches.

Unfortunately it seems the Fluorine visualizer doesn’t accept the replay filename as a command line argument and I haven’t successfully run the official one, so I haven’t actually got the visualizer part of the manager working (it’s left over from previous contests). If you do get it working with one of the available visualizers I’d be interested to know. :slight_smile:

The Results table will also show you the visualizer filename, so you can open it manually as a workaround.

Thanks. I’ve been using fluorine with it just fine. I forked on gitlab, you can check out my changes there. I installed electron ‘locally’.

maybe a windows version coming soon? :slight_smile:
i tried rewrite everything into bat files, but not too successful